Related Links

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Google energy-saving tool

Even Google is now turning green. Not with envy, of course, but with energy savings on the mind. I just found out about new little tool they created to help you calculate how much energy you are wasting and how much money you can save by changing your ways.



Here is the tool, if you want to give it a shot.


Doing my part to save energy


I am green myself - I think. I previously wrote a post about ways to conserve energy and save money. I eat a lot of healthy foods(organic). I don’t like chemicals. And apparently my host for this site is “Green.” I guess that just about makes me as green as they come.


They also created nice list of energy saving tips. Here are a few of my faves from the list…

  • Weatherstrip and caulk your windows and doors
  • Consider installing a Geothermal Heat Pump to heat and cool your home, save up to 70% on your heating and cooling costs.
  • Clean your furnace’s filter monthly
  • Cover your hot water heater with an insulation blanket
  • Reduce the temperature of your hot water heater to 120F or less (or until using little to no cold water in the bath/shower)
  • Install a low flow shower head
  • Wash clothes in cold water
  • Consider air drying your clothes. saves energy, money and keeps your clothes lasting longer.
  • Learn how to set power management on your computer
  • Download the Google Desktop Power Management Gadget
  • Turn down the brightness on your TV and computer monitor
  • Don’t keep your refrigerator and freezer too cold. Set temperature between 36-38 degrees F and freezers at 0-5 degrees.

No comments: